Thursday, January 13, 2011

Been A Long Time

Emma, a member of our family for two and a half years.




I have not posted in a long time and now that so many changes have happened I thought it time to update. On a very sad note our beloved Emma died on the 28th of December. She became sick with a disease called bloat and the vet could not save her. She was a big part of our family and I am heartbroken to have lost her. We buried her that Friday morning on the track down by the creek, a very lovely spot I think.


I was not sure what to do for Frankie as he was moping around and obviously lonely. I did not have the heart to try to find another goat that would work for our family right now. Fortunately for us I have a very good friend who was downsizing her heard and offered us her pony Munchkin. Munch is a 10 year old, Welsh Pony gelding, standing at 11.2 hands!



Munchkin is now a member of our family and we are very happy to have him. Tomorrow marks his second week with us and he and Frankie have settled in quite nicely. I let them on the track yesterday for the first time because the snow and rain had created so much mud I was afraid of an accident. The track needed some work done on it as well and I needed to block off the second half where Emma is buried until the ground is safe for them to be on. They had a blast on the track, running, running and more running. I will update with photos from this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment